Is anxiety taking over your life? Does it feel like you can’t control your anxious feelings no matter how hard you try? Have you already tried therapy but found it ineffective?
If this sounds like you, we can help! Ann Arbor Psych offers the most effective forms of treatment, to get the relief from anxiety that you deserve.
When it comes to treating anxiety disorders, research shows that therapy is usually the most effective option. We do, however, offer both prescribers and talk therapists who are specialized in treating Anxiety. This is because anxiety therapy treats more than just symptoms to the problem, while anxiety medication treats only the symptoms. This allows us to provide you relief on two fronts.
Often, the symptoms of anxiety are:
- Nervousness, restlessness or being tense
- Feelings of danger, panic or dread
- Rapid breathing or hyperventilation
- Increased or heavy sweating
- Trembling or muscle twitching
- Weakness or lethargy
- Difficulty focusing or thinking clearly about anything other than the thing you’re worried about
- Obsessions about certain ideas, a sign of obsessive-compulsive disorder
- Anxiety surrounding a particular life event or experience that has occurred in the past, a sign of post-traumatic stress disorder
Therapy can help to uncover the underlying causes of your worries and fears, learn how to relax, look at situations in a new, less frightening ways, and develop better coping mechanisms and problem-solving skills.
If you’re interested in learning more about anxiety you may schedule in with our talk therapists or prescribers in the above menus.
If you find the person you were looking to schedule with is no longer accepting patients, feel free to contact us at 734-707-1052, Monday-Friday from 9am-6pm, and we will see if we can find any openings for you with another similar provider.