Do you find it hard to control your emotions? Do your emotions often dictate your response? Do you wish you had the techniques to harness your emotions and move forward with your life?
If you answered yes to any of the above, you may wish to explore Emotion-Focused Therapy or EFT.
EFT is an approach to therapy treatment based on the premise that our emotions are a key to our identity and a guide for decision making. When we lack awareness of our emotions or avoid unpleasant emotions, we are unable to use the information provided by these emotions.
EFT helps individuals to:
- Become more aware of their emotions
- Welcome, allow and regulate emotions
- Describe emotions clearly and in detail
- Evaluate whether the emotions are helpful or hurtful
- Identify the source of unhelpful emotions
- Develop alternative, healthy ways of coping with situations that often elicit hurtful emotions
Unlike other therapeutic approaches, EFT assumes that emotion can be a source of healing and works with specific emotions to increase adaptation.
If you’re interested in learning more about Emotion-Focused Therapy (EFT) you may schedule in with our talk therapists in the above menus.
If you find the person you were looking to schedule with is no longer accepting patients, feel free to contact us at 734-707-1052, Monday-Friday from 9am-6pm, and we will see if we can find any openings for you with another similar provider.