Dr. Kumar is “in network” and thus a “preferred provider” with:
- Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO (important: see exceptions below under the “Insurances he cannot accept”)
- Blue Care Network.
You can likely utilize “Out of Network” benefits:
For many insurances, out-of-network benefits will cover the majority of fees, but patients will be paying the full cost of the appointment up front. This would later be reimbursed by the insurance company 2 to 4 weeks after their appointment, based on their out of network benefits. With most insurances Dr. Kumar will bill them electronically directly for you. Call your insurance and inquire about out of network benefits.
He can electronically bill the following insurances as an out-of-network provider:
- United Health Care
- HAP (not all HAP insurances come with out of network benefits however)
- Beacon Health Value Options
Insurances he cannot accept (even if willing to pay cash)
- Beacon health often looks like BCBS PPO but Dr. Kumar is out of network with this insurance.
- BCBS Medicare plans.
- He does NOT take new patients who have Blue Cross Complete, General Motors BCBS (where subscriber ID starts with GM), or “EPO BCBS PPO” insurance. He cannot see patients with this insurance even if they are willing to pay cash.
- It’s best not to assume your Blue Cross Blue Shield will be covered; email a picture of your insurance card front/back to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us verify your insurance before you schedule an appointment to ensure you are covered.
Please note that, while Dr. Kumar is currently not accepting new medicare or BCBS patients, he is unfortunately also not legally allowed to see medicare patients as cash only. Patients who use United Healthcare, will need to contact their insurance company to get approval to see Dr. Kumar, otherwise, they may not be reimbursed for their appointments.