Patients looking to be evaluated for a Targeted ADHD Evaluation
- Targeted cognitive evaluation is a more focused evaluation looking for possible ADHD, learning disability, executive functioning issues, developmental delay, impulse control, OCD) who DO NOT have other significant issues with Anxiety, Depression or addiction:
- Dr. Kumar has a special interest in these topics. A patient can sign up for this evaluation if they do not have significant other issues (ie no Anxiety, depression, addiction).
- Dr. Kumar may treat with medications, coaching, therapy, nutritional considerations, or other approaches
- Dr. Kumar has opened his schedule to patients of all insurances for this evaluation type
- Please note that Dr. Kumar may or may not be an “in-network” provider for your insurance.
- Local vs Online video appointment
- Local: You can click here to schedule a targeted cognitive evaluation with Dr. Kumar after reviewing Dr. Kumar’s insurance coverage information (link at the top of the page).
- Online Video Intake Appointment: You can click here to schedule a targeted cognitive evaluation with Dr. Kumar after reviewing insurance coverage information for video appointments.
Patients looking for a General Psychiatric Evaluation
- This evaluation type is longer with a broader scope and is appropriate for patients with any issues (mood swings, anxiety, cognitive, depression, impulsivity, etc).
- He currently is accepting new patients with all insurances (while he is only in network with BCBS and BCN, he can submit claims as an out-of-network provider for most other insurances)
- If you need to be seen more urgently, you can squeeze into Dr. Kumar’s schedule sooner utilizing the abbreviated new patient intake appointment type.
- If you’d like to know if Dr. Kumar is in-network or out-of-network with your insurance, read about the Insurances accepted by Dr. Kumar.
- Please note that if you use United Healthcare, you will need to contact your insurance company to get approval to see Dr. Kumar, otherwise, you may not be reimbursed for your appointments.
What insurances can Dr. Kumar bill?
- Click here for insurance coverage information
Video Psychiatry: Will my insurance pay for online appointments via video?
- During Covid-19 Pandemic:
Contact Information New Patients may call 734-707-1052 ext 1 between 9am and 6pm, Monday through Friday, or email us here.
Other Information Please note that Dr. Kumar does not accept those under the age of 18, and our offices are handicap accessible. Payment is rendered the morning of service via credit, debit, hsa, or fsa card (kept on file). No checks or cash can be accepted at this time.