I’m warm, empathic, and able to listen deeply. I am a well seasoned psychotherapist and able to custom tailor psychotherapy to meet clients right where they are. Working with patients is my passion, and I have never stopped growing as a psychotherapist. After finishing a masters in social work at U of M and becoming a licensed therapist in 2002, I acquired extensive additional training and certifications.
Additional training and specialty areas of interest include:
- Certified Trauma Professional
- Dialectical Behavioral Trainer
- This just means I’m certified to train others in Dialectical Behavioral Therapy, which is being extensively researched as an optimal treatment strategy in a wide range of issues involving mood regulation, anxiety, and impulse control.
- DBT for Eating Disorders
- Motivational Interviewing
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Certified Integrated Behavioral Health Primary Care
- I have unique experience training and working with patients who deal with both medical and psychological challenges.
I have experience treating patients with a wide array of mental health struggles, from mild/moderate depression and anxiety to ADD/ADHD, Bipolar and Eating Disorders. I’ve worked in medical social work, behavioral health, community mental health, care management, discharge planning, emergency social work, geriatrics, and private practice.